Lightning Girls Challenge 1
This is the 22nd year of this great early Spring event! This is the best event in the Northeast for youth teams (4th-8th grade) with 80-90 teams and all levels of play. The High School Showcase draws 65 Division 2 and 3 college coaches annually and is a great warm-up for teams playing during the Live Period the following weekend.
Island Garden– 45 Cherry Valley Ave. West Hempstead NY 11552
Queens College– 65-30 Kissena Blvd Flushing NY 11367
Northsport– 469 Fort Salonga Rd Northport NY 11768
Coastal Sports– 114 Parkway Dr. South Hauppauge NY 11788
Fundamental Sport (FST)- 575 Merrick Ave Westbury NY 11590
LIU CW Post– 720 Northern Blvd Brookville NY 11548
St. Dominics High School– 110 Anstice St Oyster Bay NY 11771
SUNY Old Westbury– This is tricky if you use GPS!!! The address below is for St Pauls Church which is across the street from the Main Entrance to SUNY Old Westbury. If you google the school your GPS will take you to the back gate on the LIE service rd and you will NOT be able to get in. Go through the Main Gate and follow signs (about 3 miles) for the Clark Center. Gym is located in the Clark Center. St. Pauls Church is 2534 Cedar Swamp Rd Glen Head NY 11545
St. Joseph College– 155 West Roe Boulevard Patchogue, NY 11772 Danzi Athletic Center
Woodbury– 90 Woodbury Rd Woodbury, NY 11797 St Marks Coptic Church
Chaminade High School– 311 Jericho Turnpike Mineola, NY 11501 Athletic Center
Garden City Recreation Center– 295 Stewart Avenue Garden City, New York 11530
April 8, 2016 – Sunday
45 Cherry Valley Ave
West Hempstead,NY 11552 USA
GIRLS AAU 2015 Tournament RULES
NCAA & AAU RULES GOVERN ALL GAMES WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
1. ALL GAMES WILL BE 16 MINUTE STOP TIME FOR GRADES 7 AND ABOVE. 14 MINUTES STOP TIME FOR 6TH GRADE AND BELOW.
2. TWO FULL TIME OUTS AND TWO 30 SECOND TIME OUTS PER GAME.
3. ANY PLAYER DISQUALIFIED FOR FIGHTING MUST ALSO SIT OUT THE NEXT GAME.
4. TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL RULE ON ALL PROTESTS IMMEDIATELY.
5. TIE BREAKER FORMAT PURSUANT TO STANDARD AAU RULES. BE AWARE THAT POINT DIFFERENTIAL (+/- 15) WILL DECIDE TIE BREAKERS.
6. 10 MINUTES AFTER SCHEDULED TIME IS A FORFEIT.
7. 10 SECOND BACKCOURT RULE IS IN EFFECT
8. PLAYERS CAN GO ON RELEASE OF FOUL SHOT IN THE LANE AND ON THE RIM FOR FOUL SHOOTER
9. GIRLS 8TH GRADE & BELOW – 20 PT LEAD IN SECOND HALF RESULTS IN NO PRESSING AND RUNNING TIME FOR LAST 4 MIN.